Related Posts with Thumbnails
Big Apple Unpeeled 8th October - 8th November 2010







Sunday 16 January 2011

Time Lapse Video of Sunset in Central Park, NYC

The day after arriving in Manhattan, I ventured to Central Park which was only a 30 minute walk away.

Before I left for NYC I'd been scouring the internet and had seen some amazing videos of sunset over the city and I set myself a mini project of capturing the sunset over Central Park.

The sun set at around 6.30 and I got there an hour earlier and set up my cameras.





I was over looking Sheep Meadow, on the south end of the park. I set my cameras rolling and people watched for the next hour. The office workers taking time to enjoy the park after a long day in the office, the kids playing, dog walkers and those just strolling and taking in the evening. I stayed there until the sun had set and a park warden came along, he walked into Sheep Meadow and shouted out that the gates were closing and everyone had to leave. I had secured my cameras to the actual gate that need to be locked so it was time to move on.

I stayed in the park a little longer and took a seat nearby two New York old timers and eavesdropped on the conversation. They were talking about how times have changed, old friends, their failing health, and good times too. Thank you to those two gentleman who let a tourist have an insight into their lives.

I hope you enjoy the video!







Bookmark and Share


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Great job, as if you're there!! gotham girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gotham Girl! Glad you liked it. Wish I had a better quality video cam, but loved making it and watching the sun set over such an amazing city :)

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP